Recently a good friend and I were discussing one of the videos in the "Other Links to Kill Time" sidebar on this site and I rekindled my love for some of these random and pointless links. I'd like to share some of them with you now in a segment I'd like to call "Sidebar Spotlight."
The theme today is that of repetitiveness. "What?" Repetitiveness. All of these links have a song/video that repeats over and over again, making for a fun (and sometimes mind-numbingly fun) experience. Let's take a gander, shall we?
1. Badger Badger Badger - Ahhhh, a classic. When there are any sound issues on my computer, or if I can't tell if sound is working on a particular web address, I'll go to this site to test my speakers. It's a reliable sound source - I always know there will be sound here. The URL is pretty easy to remember, too.
2. Independent Woman Cats - We listened to this website for a full work day one time as an experiment. It actually wasn't as annoying as it sounds. I actually tuned it out after a while and it blended into the background noise.
3. Magical Trevor and Magical Trevor 2 - Both similar in theme (the theme = randomness), these videos have catchy tunes that get stuck in my head quite easily. Kids get a kick out of this one.
4. The Llama Song - This may be the most annoying song on here to others, it's high-pitched, repetitive and odd-sounding, but I love it. Yes, I have this one memorized and have found myself singing it absentmindedly, on occasion.
5. Only in Kenya - If I'm ever put on the advertising account for Kenya Tourism, this WILL be the slogan/song I use. Because, let's face it, some things ONLY happen in Kenya.
So there's my "Sidebar Spotlight." It was a fun little trip down memory lane for me and I hope it was a magical journey for you as well. I challenge you, faithful readers, to listen to each one of these songs at least three times through - they grow on you.
Word of Caution: I wouldn't do this all in one sitting, though. That could drive a person crazy and cause them to be a menace to society.
The Great Wall vs A Cure for Wellness
4 days ago