Monday, July 7, 2008

*Laughter* Wipeout!

Yes, Wipeout is a great song (unlike some OTHER songs by The Surfaris I know), but it's also a very entertaining television show. For those of you who haven't heard about it yet, you obviously haven't talked to me in the past week (or you don't have unlimited text - I tend to text a lot and I don't want to give you extra charges). Wipeout is a new show on ABC that airs on Tuesday nights (at 7:00 MST) and, I have to say, I really enjoy it. It's great! Now, I know what you're thinking, "A great show? On ABC? During the summer? Give me a break!". . . .O, ye of little faith!The premise of the show is very simple: it's a game show where contestants go through an obstacle course to win $50,000. But while the drama of who's going to win is enjoyable, the real reason to watch the show is for the. . .well. . .wipeouts.



The show reminds me a lot of Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) where crazy Japanese contestants practically killed themselves for who knows what kind of prize. I'm happy to see that Americans have finally reached that level of entertainment.

Granted there have only been two episodes so far (you can see full episodes online at abc.com) so I may be jumping the gun on this, but I've seen the first episode over five (5) times and I still laugh and cringe each time I see it.

It's this kind of entertainment that keeps me indoors during the summer. Well done ABC, well done.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Agreed this show is awesome I have the dvr set to record it every week along w/"I survived a Japanese game show."

Miss Berrie said...

I watched this show for the first time during commercials of Celebrity Family Feud (The Office vs. American Gladiators!! BEST TELEVISION EVER!!!). I think you have to commit to it more seriously than I did, though, because I couldn't really get into it, despite my love of seeing people fall down.

Claudia T said...

Joey - remember when you introduced me to MXC? "That was awesome...sorry about your car man." (Tommy Boy) Anyway we need to get together for a BBQ. How does Wed or Sat sound? Let me know - "stay sweet" (Hot Rod) -Randy

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

you had us laughing pretty good :)