Monday, January 11, 2010

I Haven't Seen Avatar Yet. . .

Oh. . .wait. . .maybe I have. . .

(click to enlarge)

Sent in from, alert reader, Alan.


Yes, I know that some say that there is no such thing as an original story, but when the similarities to other stories match up so well, you start to wonder where the filmmaker got their "inspiration." And yet, this is quickly becoming one of the highest grossing films of all time. WHA?

I'll still probably go see it soon. I hear the 3-D is a lot of fun, plus I really like that "Colors of the Wind" song.

3 comments:

--jeff * said...

i'd heard about this; thanks for sharing.

i wasn't too interested in "avatar" before it came out, and when everyone said that the story was pretty much "pocahontas"/"dances with wolves"/"fergully" but the visuals were amazing, it was about what i expected. i don't care if the effects are the most incredible thing ever or if they're lo-fi; if the story is bland, why bother?
but after hearing SOOOO much about it, i want to go, just to see what it's all about.

but i'd rather see "fantastic mr. fox" first.

The Former 786 said...

I know what you mean, Jeff.

I hate supporting this movie and giving it even MORE money, when all I want to see is the cool 3-D. I feel like people aren't paying for a movie, they're paying for a rollercoaster ride.

And yet James Cameron is going to be "king of the world" once more. . .

Although I doubt this will get as many Oscars as Titanic.

The Former 786 said...

BTW, if you haven't clicked and dragged on that embedded Speed Racer poster (it's the "3-D" link), you really should. Fun stuff!