Monday, January 9, 2012

Is This Real Life?

Have you ever wondered what Disney princesses would look like if they were drawn more realistically? I mean, in real life, there's no way Ariel's 4-foot bangs could stay up like that. Well, apparently a Finnish artist named Jirka Väätäinen took on this challenge of making Disney princesses a little more realistic. Take a gander:










Ok, I confess, one of those isn't a Disney princess - Mulan isn't technically royalty.

You can check out the rest of Jirka's work on this Disney theme by clicking here.

Thanks to faithful reader, Bethany, for sending this one in!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I like Belle the best (as a cartoon AND real life sketch).

Homer.
Looks.
TERRIFYING.

Chad Morris said...

Laughed out loud twice. First with the four foot bangs line. Second with Homer. Great Stuff.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Kinda cool!

Danelle said...

That's really cool! I totally think he based these caricatures on real people, Rapunzel looks just like Dakota Fanning! I think Cinderella looks like Naomi Watts and there is some Kardashian to Jasmine, but he reworked the nose.

The Former 786 said...

I see Rapunzel and Kim Kardashian, but I don't know about the Cinderella/Naomi Watts connection.

Glad to have you here, Danelle! :)

~~~~ said...

I loved the Homer Simpson in there to cleanse the palate.

The Former 786 said...

Thanks, Neil. I thought it was getting a little too sugary sweet, too.