Monday, May 21, 2012

It's A-Me, Mario!

If you could be a character in a video game, who would you be?

I remember when I used to play the bonus level on Sonic the Hedgehog 2, I imagined that it was me racing along that half-pipe grabbing rings. I also cannot confirm nor deny that I may have, on occasion ran in place in front of the TV during the game. Sure, it would be a little weird to be covered in blue fur and yes, I might feel a little embarrassed wearing only shoes and socks, but, hey, it beats getting my spine ripped out by Sub-Zero.

Anyway, I'm betting that a lot of you faithful readers out there would choose Mario Kart. I mean, who wouldn't love driving a little race car around a track and shoot turtle shells at each other? And the best part is, if you crash, the worst thing that would happen would be that you get a little dizzy and then a little turtle on a cloud (Lakitu) will pick you up and put you back on the right track.

But that's just a video game, right? Those kind of cars don't exist in real life, right? I should just stop asking you questions and show you this video, right?



And this Mario car was actually given to a contest winner a little while later. It's like a dream come true.

But, then again, that's just the car. The video game nerd in me wondered what it would be like to actually play Mario Kart in real life. Well, I think it would look a little something like this:



But, let's face it, this kind of racing can only exist on the TV for me. You may be able to pull it off, but I've gotten sick every time I've done go kart racing. If only Lakitu could pick me up and make me not feel dizzy.

No comments: