Monday, May 23, 2011

A Bit of a Tearjerker

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a softie. When watching a movie, a TV show or even a well-made commercial, I sometimes get caught up in the moment and find myself getting a little misty-eyed. There are certain moments in film that make me cry every time I see them. I don't know exactly what it is - maybe it's the swelling music, or the emotional performance, or the beauty of the cinematography. . .I don't know, but I know it when I see it, and I've just seen it again.

Now, I won't say much about this montage before I show it. I simply want you to enjoy it with pure eyes and an open heart. Enjoy:



*sniff* I know, right? *sniff* It's simply breathtaking.

*wipes eyes*

So, faithful readers, were your favorite movie sandwiches featured in this moving cinematic piece? Or are you outraged because your favorite was snubbed? I'll admit I was a little bugged because they didn't show the impromptu scrambled egg sandwich made by Harrison Ford in The Fugitive, but I'll let it slide for now. . .just because I'm so caught up in the beauty of the moment.

*sniff*

5 comments:

--jeff * said...

i'm sure i'll think of some others, and you're right about the ad hoc scrambled egg breakfast sandwich from the fugitive, but what about the "twinkie weiner sandwich" from "uhf"??? honestly! total snub.

dang, now i'll be thinking about this for a while.....
i know there are more, so i'll be back.

i liked your amelie link. always worthy of a mention.

Crystal said...

hahahahhaah! totally misty eyed.

Andrea said...

"No...not too much." Hahahaha. That's my all time favorite line from the Neverending Story. Bastian is so, so brave.

The Former 786 said...

GAH! The Twinkie Weiner Sandwich!! How could I forget that one? Excellent suggestion, Jeff. And I though you'd appreciate the Amelie hyperlink.

Crystal, I'm glad to hear our tear ducts work the same way.

And Andrea, Bastian is very brave, and he makes a good sandwich, too.

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

That made me SO hungry. No wonder subway does so well.

Can I recommend not watching this at 11:30 am?