Monday, July 4, 2011

And to the One Republic for Which It Stands. . .

During this season it's important that we remember what Independence Day is really all about. Sure, the 4th of July is a time for barbecuing, fireworks and cooking food with fireworks, but there is a deeper meaning to this holiday - a meaning that may have been forgotten.

So I'd like to take a more serious tone with this post, if I may. I'd like to present to you with a completely historically accurate depiction of what the founding fathers really did that special day over 235 years ago, sent in by, alert reader, Ryan.


There. Aren't you proud to be an American now?

I thought so.

5 comments:

--jeff * said...

hey, pretty dang cool. : )

The Former 786 said...

Agreed. The fact that our founding fathers can squeeze words like "unalienable rights" into the syllabic construct is what makes this country great.

Crystal said...

Right when I thought you were going to post something moving...
SIGH. Oh Joel.

The Former 786 said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Crystal, Crystal, Crystal. You should know me better than that by now. :)

Crystal Collier said...

LIKE. =)