Monday, March 26, 2012

This Clown Tastes Funny

I didn't exactly want to do a post about cannibalism this week -- after all, I do my best to keep this blog light and fluffy -- but the fates kept pointing me in that direction. So, faithful readers, I'm going to go ahead and take a stab at it, but let's hope I don't bite off more than I can chew. . .

I could probably have chosen better words for that.

Anyway, I watched The Walking Dead season finale this past week (zombies, an ever-present presence in my life are cannibals by nature). Then, a podcast I listen to did an episode on The Donner Party, and that, naturally, led to me doing some brief research on the Uruguayan rugby team that was stranded in the Andes. I don't know why I chose to take such a dark educational path. I must have been doing something really boring at the time, I guess.

But the anthropophagistic tipping factor was a music video by Julian Smith. We've discussed Mr. Smith on this blog before, so you may already know that I'm impressed with his comedy. "I'm Reading a Book," for example, is a family favorite and is routinely requested by my children at our dance parties.

Well, when I saw that Julian Smith had a new music video ("Eat Randy") to offer, I eagerly checked it out. After my first viewing, I was confused and slightly alarmed. I didn't quite know what to think. I liked the 80s VHS look of the video, and I thought the song was catchy, but the concept of this guy randomly singing about cannibalizing his friend was a little disturbing. However, after a few more viewings, I became slightly obsessed with the song. In fact, since it was first posted on YouTube earlier this week, I have listened to it roughly 4,815,162,342 times. Why? I'm not sure. Something about it appealed to me, and that kind of scares me.

Take a look:



Yeah, I know -- liking this song isn't going to help my reputation with my in-laws, is it? Hmmm. . .

Oh well, I'm in it this far already, so here are some final corny jokes about cannibalism!

How do you help a starving cannibal?
Give him a hand.


Two cannibals were having their dinner. One said to the other "I don’t like your friend."
"Oh?" the other one said, "Well then, just eat your vegetables."

What did the cannibal’s wife give her husband when he came home late from a night out with the guys?
The cold shoulder.

What happened when the cannibal bit off the missionary's ear? He got his first taste of Christianity!

Two cannibals were having lunch together. "Your girlfriend makes a great soup," said the first one.
"Yes, she does," agreed the first. "But I'm sure going to miss her."


I've got some messed up muses. . .or I may just need therapy.

1 comment:

CRKB IT SOLUTION PVT LTD said...

Best content & valuable as well. Thanks for sharing this content.
Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
Approved Auditor in JAFZA


i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
Approved Auditor in DMCC
Virgin Linseed Oil BP