Monday, June 25, 2012

Get to the Point!

Hey you! Yeah, you, the faithful reader reading this post! The one I'm pointing at!

Actually, I'm not pointing at you. 1. Because computer monitors don't have fingers. . .yet. . . and 2. It's rude to point at someone. At least, that's what we've all been taught. I think the adage goes something like, "whenever you point a finger at someone, you have four other fingers curled in a fist and pointing to the palm of your hand," or something like that.

However, in my experience I've found that pointing at stuff can actually be pretty fun. Take, for example, the Pointer Pointer website, sent in by, alert reader, Will. This website will generate a picture that will be pointing at wherever you place your pointer. Make sense?

Here, let me show you a couple examples:



The real fun, however, comes from trying it yourself. So head on over to Pointer Pointer and discover the true joy of pointing and being pointed at!

2 comments:

Mike said...

It doesn't really work if you leave the pointer in the refresh area. Maybe it is because I have two monitors set up. Also in the top right hand screen part of the screen it will just show a landscape picture. I get the "point" of it though.

The Former 786 said...

I see what you did there. :)

I just tried those two things, just to test it out. I also have two monitors set up, and while it gave me an error the first time I put the cursor in the middle of the screen, it worked normally after a few other pointing pictures. Also, that landscape picture actually does have a finger pointing in from the right-hand side.