Monday, May 6, 2013

Movies By the Numbers

When it comes to movies, I have a pretty good memory. No, I won't be able to quote a line by heart after the first viewing (like some alert readers I know), but I can tell you, from memory, that Ferris Bueller skipped school nine times, that there are 12 cabins at the Bates Motel, and that Sauron created one ring to rule them all. However, I can't even fathom how long it would take to research and create a video like this:



Impressive, no? I tip my hat to you, AlonzoMosleyFBI for your dedication in finding 100 different movies that happened to mention a number and putting them in numerical order. He's even insightful enough to know that inquiring minds like myself will want to know which movie is which in that montage, so he created a list on his blog. Sidenote: I've seen 64 of the 100 films he chose.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, two years after AlonzoMosleyFBI created that "100 Movies, 100 Quotes, 100 Numbers" he decided to do it again, this time with the characters mentioning dates from 1900 to 2000. Yes, certain ones like 1955 and 1985 might be obvious, but I was amazed that he found a film for every year within that century.



Well done, AlonzoMosleyFBI! Once again, here's the list of movies he used in that video. I've seen 59 out of the 100.

AlonzoMosleyFBI, if you're out there, and if you're a faithful reader of this blog, and if you're taking requests, might I recommend doing a montage of seven different movies that each mention a different color in our visible spectrum of light. In fact, I've already done the research and I have your list, right here:

Red - This one was easy.
Orange - I couldn't decide whether to use this clip for "orange" or "blue."
Yellow - Nobody tells me I can't get a clip for yellow. Nobody!
Green - Careful, this clip features some spoilers from this classic 80s comedy. 
Blue - I couldn't use my first choice, so I went with this one.
Indigo - Uh. . . does this work?
Violet - Triple points!

Impressed? I thought so. I didn't even use Google! These were all from memory, and it was a little harder than I thought it'd be. I don't know how AlonzoMosleyFBI does it.

No comments: