Monday, September 2, 2013

Total Eclipse of the Divas

Faithful readers, I don't normally like impressionists. For every one good impersonator out there, there are 4,815,162,342 terrible ones. Bad impressions are like nails on a chalkboard to me. However, every now and then, an impressionist comes along that actually impresses me; an impersonator who goes beyond the clichéd impressions of Jack Nicholson or Gollum. And Christina Bianco is just that impressionist. She takes Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart and makes it her own. . .well. . .kind of.

Check it out:



Not bad, eh? I was initially lukewarm on the Adele impression, but when she hit Bette Midler, Julie Andrews and Celine Dion so spot-on, I was won over. Well done, Ms. Bianco, may your repertoire of impressions continue to grow and grow, and perhaps include a Gollum impersonation -- people love Gollum.

My thanks to, alert reader, Jacob for sending this link in.

No comments: