Monday, September 2, 2013

Total Eclipse of the Divas

Faithful readers, I don't normally like impressionists. For every one good impersonator out there, there are 4,815,162,342 terrible ones. Bad impressions are like nails on a chalkboard to me. However, every now and then, an impressionist comes along that actually impresses me; an impersonator who goes beyond the clich├ęd impressions of Jack Nicholson or Gollum. And Christina Bianco is just that impressionist. She takes Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart and makes it her own. . .well. . .kind of.

Check it out:



Not bad, eh? I was initially lukewarm on the Adele impression, but when she hit Bette Midler, Julie Andrews and Celine Dion so spot-on, I was won over. Well done, Ms. Bianco, may your repertoire of impressions continue to grow and grow, and perhaps include a Gollum impersonation -- people love Gollum.

My thanks to, alert reader, Jacob for sending this link in.

No comments: